Wednesday, January 21, 2009

Can we talk about... yoga

Can we talk about yoga?

And how much I love it? It's relaxing. It's inspiring. It's... being one with the whole freakin' universe.

Because of my morning elliptical routine, I was a little weak in the legs during the yoga class. Okay, I was a lot weak in the legs. I shook during triangle. My knee wobbled during tree. My balance positions were noticeably unbalanced.

But I loved it anyway.

There was a group of people about my parents' age. First time-ers. Very fun to watch, very willing to try new things and limber up a bit.

That's what I want to be like in thirty years. I want to say, "I'm going to yoga. I know everyone there will be half my age. I know I couldn't bring my knee to my chest if a terrorist had a puppy under the tires of a bus, but darn it all... I'm going to yoga."

I would go to yoga for the ending relaxation part alone. Man alive. There is something about the instructor's voice. Makes relaxing so much more... relaxing.

By the end, I feel like a turtle. A big, happy, turtle, just moseying along, taking everything in. Happy to go only as fast as absolutely necessary.

No comments: