Tuesday, July 15, 2008

Up-Up and Away

I had a good weekend. Saturday, Blake, Pruitt and I went to Warren Falls. Easily one of the most beautiful places in Vermont. The water has carved the granite in amazing ways... and it's good for swimming. Then Pruitt introduced us to Morse Farm outside of Montpelier. Their maple creemees are AMAAAAZING. The variety of maple flavored products they carry is downright jaw-dropping. The views are great too and there's a scaled-down model of the Vermont statehouse. Theeen Blake and I came home and had dinner and I made raspberry shortcake for dessert. Yep. Saturday was great.

Sunday was great too. Not exciting, just a chill day. It rained like mad. Blake and I made banana bread and burrito bake.

Yesterday... whoa. Everyone in my office had a serious case of the Mondays... except for me. I don't believe in having a bad day. If you're having a bad day, you're letting things that are probably beyond your control get you down. Life is too short for crap like that. The office was once again a calm place to work by the end of the day.

I went home to find that the rental company can't extend our lease on the apartment so... we have some apartment hunting to do. I'm more excited than bummed out. We have 4 or 5 weeks so hopefully we can find a decent place soon.

And today? Just a sunny day. The office dog, Max, is here... panting away and laying around like a fuzz ball.

Tonight, the husband is cooking Bratwurst and sauerkraut and apples and onions and all kinds of good things. He's going sailing today with a guy from the unit. Hope he doesn't get sunburned. I asked him if he had sunscreen and he got all manly and said, "I'll be allright." Okay, manly-man... but if you come back looking like a fire hydrant, I will laugh at you.

No comments: