Sunday, October 24, 2010

Blake is old.


Just kidding.  He's not old.  He did, however, turn 25 this week.

People, the only way I could have made that cake more chocolatey would have been to cram Hershey bars in the top.  I used dark cocoa powder for the frosting.  Heaven!  Why haven't I made friends with dark cocoa before?  Seriously, changed my life.

I put a lot of thought and care into Blake's birthday present.  So much so that he came up with the idea and researched it himself.

Usually when I ask what he wants he shrugs.  If he wants it, he'll get it.

Not so this time.  Ever since he got his bike, he's been reluctant to shell out the dough for a bike stand.  It's well over a hundred bucks so I understand the hesitation.  Anyway, his birthday was a good excuse.

I had no idea Blake could do research.  Usually, I'm the one scouring review sites and Amazon.com for hours before we make a purchase, but when it comes to the bike, all bets are off.  He's a man obsessed.

Luckily, the one he wanted was in stock (and amazingly on sale), at a hardware store not far from where we live.

Happy Birthday Blake, may you easily lube your chain from now on.

No comments: